May 31, 2013

I spy some fun for a little one

016

I had some help in my sewing room yesterday.  My sweet granddaughter loved playing with the I-Spy fabrics while I sewed.  It’s like looking through a story book…but she made up her own stories.

 

026

I think they’re fun to look at too!

 

017

…and this morning I finished putting them all together. It was a quick project, which I really needed after working on two pretty involved quilts for most of this year (with a long ways to go yet on both of them).

This crib sized I-Spy quilt was fun and easy.  I used this ingenious idea over here at Obsessively Stitching.  

 

I Spy 023

A couple of years ago I made these two I-Spy quilts for my grandkids. 

With so many cute kiddie fabrics out there, I’m kinda sure there are more I-Spy quilts in my future.

10 comments:

Josie said...

I'd never heard of an I Spy quilt till now. What a fabulous idea for a childs quilt. It's gorgeous...just like your adorable little grand daughter... so cute!

Deb said...

I love your I Spy quilt. I'm working on one too. It is one that I started when my kids were young (they're 16 and 21 now - yikes), but now it will be for a grandchild. They are so much fun. And your granddaughter is just adorable!!

Gayle said...

My 2-yr-old grandson loves the I Spy quilt I made too! They're so much fun - especially because I was able to participate in a fabric swap and didn't have to buy every single piece of fabric. Yours turned out so cute!

Sue SA said...

I love I spy quilts, this one looks gorgous. My novelty fabric stash is out of control and I have been making cot quilts for a childrens charity with the fabric, so this idea is perfect, thank you.

dream quilt create said...

I love the photo of your grand daughter looking at the I spy quilt :) she is a cutie and I love your quilt!

Jill said...

Love the white sashing which sets off the novelty fabrics. I have some novelty in my stash for making an I Spy quilt. I could not figure out how to set them so each novelty would stand out. Appreciate the credit to Obsessively Stitching. This will be a great summer project. An I Spy makes a great quilt for the 'lil ones when they are sick.

Béa said...

Very beautiful quilt and adorable grand daughter. XXX

Unknown said...

I spy a happy g'mother spending a day in her sewing room with her sweet g' daughter! What a pretty quilt! xo E

Anne Heidi said...

I love your I spy quilts! The picture of your granddaughter is adorable!

tich said...

I saw your quilt and immediately started cutting out blocks for my granddaughter's birthday in July. The other two granddaughters already have I Spy quilts, but I made them the 'long' way. This is fantastic and your granddaughter is so like mine - it is amazing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails