Jun 10, 2013

Some big numbers

016

Whew!!  I finished all 194 of these “eye” things… at last!

Now to join them to the centers.

 

042

I finally got used to sewing curves but now….all those intersections…they make me nervous.  These are my first ones…thanks to my trusty seam ripper and a few tries they aren’t too bad.

Hopefully it will get better and easier and quicker by the time I sew 168 more intersections!  Yikes!

 

027

Then this morning I finished two more applique blocks. A lot more relaxing project.

 

031

This means I only have 18 left to go

…and then 41 pieced blocks.

Math is not my thing but I can count down quilt blocks.  LOL

 

001

A few days ago this pretty package arrived at my house and inside was…

 

008

Lots of fun!!

Thank you so much Nancy!  That was really sweet of you.

Nancy has a great blog called Tattered Garden Quilting.  You should go visit her.  She does beautiful applique and is very inspiring. 

9 comments:

Needled Mom said...

That DWR is going to be spectacular. I can't wait to see it finished.

Tarnyia said...

Great progress on your ''eyes''... loving the applique blocks... such a busy lady you are xxx

Northern Deb said...

Love your projects... both are really beautiful.

Rebecca said...

Ohhh I have that Kaye England book. I so enjoyed reading the history of these ladies and their quilts.

Mary said...

Love your eyes and your applique blocks are wonderful.

Béa said...

Love love love your work Annette <3

Jill said...

Love the double wedding cheerful prints. Good to practice joining the melons. Maybe you could share a photo when some are joined?

Sinta Renee said...

Your eyelash quilt is almost there!!! Congratulations! I have always wanted to make one... but I'm waiting for a shortcut version, ha!
Your applique quilt is stunning also!

Brandy said...

You're brave to do a double wedding ring! Have you seen the video on YouTube from Kaye Wood about a different double wedding ring technique? Maybe you should finish the one you're working on first, then watch it... I wish you good fortune with the rest of the quilt, it's going to be gorgeous :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails