May 14, 2013

plugging along

007

Slow and steady will win this race to complete a Double Wedding Ring.  My hopes are to have it together by August.  There still isn’t a lot of free time available for me right now but a minute or two here and a minute or two there and I’m making progress anyway.  Pretty sure I can reach my goal.  I need 97 “eyes”, I have 67 done and the rest at various stages of completion. 

See my cute little speaker in the background?  It’s a gift from Mr. Sunshine so I can listen to audio books while I sew. 

9780385507967_p0_v2_s260x420

Right now I’m reading ‘The River of Doubt’ by Candice Millard.  It’s a true story about Theodore Roosevelt’s journey to the Amazon River. 

I read ‘Destiny of the Republic’ (Pres. James A. Garfield) earlier and enjoyed it so much that I’m trying another one of her books.  I am on chapter 7 and really liking it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those few minutes do add up, don't they? Wedding Ring quilts are a true labor of love.

Thelma said...

Im always amazed by what can be accomplished with little snippets of time here and there. Your Wedding Ring quilt is going to be amazing. I listen to books while I sew too! Sometimes I keep sewing because I'm at an interesting point in the book and don't want to quit "reading".

loriginsberg said...

I love your Wedding Ring "melons". What pattern are you following. I made my daughter a Double Wedding Ring quilt last year. She got engaged in March and the wedding was in June. Her wedding shower was in May. I so wanted to give her a finished quilt at her shower and unbelievably, I DID IT!!! It turned out beautiful, but I would never make that quilt again on a time schedule. I would love to make one for myself at a nice slow pace. Your quilt has inspired me to get started.

Deborah Hamilton said...

Those blocks are really pretty. I hope to make a quilt like that some day. I also listen to audio books. I listened to four books in the last few weeks while I was hand quilting a quilt. It sure made the quilting easier! ha!

Wendy said...

The DWR is coming along, it's going to be a wonderful quilt. Can't wait to see more.

Jill said...

I love the colors you chose. The double wedding ring is one of my all-time favorite patterns. You are doing a great job. Yellow is my favorite color!

Nanette Merrill said...

Audible is my friend. I can take it everywhere, just like a hand stitching project. Your eyes are delightful. I need to get mine back out. My goal is to finish mine this year, too.

audrey said...

Good luck! Every little bit counts in the end.:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails