Apr 2, 2013

a couple of good days

20130330_134242

Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter as much as we did.  Ours was spent with our kids and grandkids and was such a fun day.

016

Then the day after, I was finally able to sit down at my sewing machine again.  It’s been a couple of weeks.  I made some progress on my grandmother’s double wedding ring.  I’m halfway done with the “eyes” now …about 40 left to go …give or take a few.

And I finished a Sprig block this evening and that makes 19.

…it was another good day.

 

383512 

Tonight I’ll be taking a new book to bed with me.  It’s Murphy’s Law by Rhys Bowen …about a young woman, Molly, who’s running away from a murder she committed in Ireland and heading to America where another murder mystery awaits her.  I think its early 1900’s times. 

I’ve only just skimmed through a few pages but it looks pretty good.

7 comments:

Tarnyia said...

Two gorgeous princess's there Annette... love the sewing too xxx

Needled Mom said...

What sweeties!! Looks like everyone had fun.

Anonymous said...

The book sounds interesting! Those little girls are adorable. Love the quilting progress, too.

Quilting Nonnie said...

That's an adorable picture of your grands. I'm glad you had a wonderful day. I think I'll have to try your book!

Kathleen said...

Hello, just popped over from Judy's blog. I'm not a quilter, just wish I was. However I am a reader and half Irish so your book sounds good to me. I love your quilts especially the applique one you have going.
Kathleen.

Sinta Renee said...

Lots of cuteness here! What little sweetie pies. I love your project... I've always wanted to make one of those eyelash quilts.

Nanette Merrill said...

Ok both books on my list. I had to laugh at the girls with no shirts on after dyeing eggs. I've done the same thing. I think I have similar photos of my kids and then Allison. Super funny and practical.

Related Posts with Thumbnails