Mar 19, 2013

tiny treasures

031

Like kids collecting rocks (or my daughter who collected rubber bands when she was five), I have my own precious treasures.  I keep them in my sewing room and somehow they make me happy just sitting there.

They are little items that intrigue me…

029

Like thimbles…none of them valuable…except to me.  Especially that beautiful wooden one. My dad made it.

028

It’s always fun to come across a cute tape measure and, of course, I especially love the yellow ones!

031 - Copy

Over the years I kept every wooden spool that came my way

…and clear glass buttons

008

…and shell buttons. 

Very pretty.

This past week I spent my days helping my parents move. They tossed out this Lazy-Susan.  I watched them do it, thinking nothing of it.  Later I walked by the box full of stuff and the “yellow” caught my eye.

Hmmm…

022

…so I brought it home and gave it new life in my sewing room….a perfect place for some of my treasures.

Oh, I forgot to say I also have a growing pile of little scissors

… you know, just too sweet to resist. 

 

books

This morning I started reading The Nine Tailors by Dorothy L. Sayers.  Five pages into it and so far so good!

I’ll be linking with Judy’s “Whatcha Reading” over here.

7 comments:

Terry said...

I like your collections! And that lazy susan is a great place to keep some of them! :0)

Pokey said...

Oh, such sweet stuff in your sunshine room. My little collection of spools are in a basket, I like yours in the jar!
:-}pokey

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh my. Such collections! I'm impressed by all of them, really. The scissors one is quite something. But then the little yellow house tape has a special spark. I love the lazy susan. How perfect for you.

Bill Volckening said...

Well done, and there's probably more value in your collection than you realize. :)

sharnymcclarny said...

Found you over on Sewits.... Love your little collections and how you've displayed them. Must get mine out and put them in clear jars as you have done. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Buttons, thimbles and tiny scissors perfect tiny collections! So sweet!

Carrie P. said...

Oh, that yellow lazy susan was an awesome save. It is great for your sewing room.

Related Posts with Thumbnails