Jan 29, 2013

Whatcha Reading Tuesday

I’m excited to be linking up with Judy’s “Whatcha Reading Tuesday” because right up there next to loving to sew, I also love to read.  You might have figured that out by my side bar…I have a reading list from Goodreads and another one from Shelfari posted there.  Overkill maybe… but oh well.

221_NavigatingEarly

Just last night I finished reading “Navigating Early”, about 2 boys, Jack and Early, who venture out by themselves on the Appalachian Trail in search of the great black bear…and Early’s long lost brother.  They meet up with some interesting characters along the way.  Also, the mathematical pi (3.14) is an important part of the story.  …huh??  Winking smile

I decided to read it after finishing another one by Clare Vanderpool…

PDF Creation in Quark 7

…Moon Over Manifest, which I really, really loved.  Both of the books are written for youth but are perfect for adult readers too. I shared Moon over Manifest with my book club and they liked it.  It made for a fun discussion that night.   Clare Vanderpool is a talented writer.

Like many of you, I am always looking for another good book. I hope to find some more great leads on Judy’s Tuesday links.

Go check it out (here) …and share what you are reading.  I’d love to know.

5 comments:

Nanna said...

Navigating Early sounds liek the old classic Tom & Huckelberry Finn lol! happy reading to you!
Helen

GardenOfDaisies said...

Some of my favorite book moments are from the "reading clubs" at school. We would be given a group of 6-8 kids who would read a book and then meet at lunch once a month to discuss it. That was sooo much fun for me. And your books sound like they would make for some good conversation among the kids.

Lynette said...

I *love* Moon Over Manifest. :)

Quilting Nonnie said...

I love reading young adult fiction. I'm always glad to find recommendations of new books to read in that genre. Thanks!

Dogwood Lane Rambles said...

Some of the best writing right now is in youth fiction thanks for the review.

Related Posts with Thumbnails