Mar 11, 2009

Changed My Mind




Sorting through my fabrics the other day, I came across a pretty dotted green piece that I had forgotten I had. I remember being so in love with it when I first bought it and now it was love all over again. I looked around for a place to use it and decided it would be perfect as a background for my monthly Basket Blocks. Two were already finished (here and here) so it meant doing them all over again. But I did it and I like it. The Internet doesn’t do it justice, of course. The fabric is a beautiful soft celery green and adds just a touch of color to the background.

Now I have the first three months all completed….again.

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I do like it against this fabric better. Just a little more color is terrific.

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Love this fabric. I know it was extra work, but it was worth it.
~Karen~

Abby and Stephanie said...

Well your "do overs" are fantastic and I love anything spotted! What will you do with your other blocks? Mini quilts, little pillows?

Kaaren said...

Great choice for a background fabric Annette. They look so soft. That muted celery green makes my eyes smile as well.

Purple and Paisley said...

your blocks are just gorgeous...and yes, the celery green just makes everything come together beautifully!

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm very jealous. I love your blocks.

ferne said...

I love your blocks. The applique is so perfect. I am working on these also and this is my first time to applique so I am interested in what method you are using. I am finding it kind of difficult to do needle turn, but I keep trying.

Carrie P. said...

They are all so cute. I still have 2 to do. Have them prepped,now I just need to sew them on the background.

Sweet P said...

That fabric is adorable! A great choice for the baskets.

Karen said...

The baskets look wonderful with the dotted green fabric.

The Hodsons said...

Love the new choice of fabric!!! Love ya!

Sølvis blog said...

Your blocks are so beautiful. You do great work

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Those are soooo cute. You did a nice job!

Béa said...

Very nice work, I love your colours and both background fabrics.Your blocks are wonderful.I choose mutted colours for mine, and the more I see other blocks, the more I want to change....( sorry for my bad english )
Béatrice, France

Simone de Klerk said...

Beautiful baskets.

Related Posts with Thumbnails