Oct 8, 2008

Back in therapy

Yeah! I have a new iron. I followed the suggestions of Mary Kay, Carrie and Jackie and bought a Rowenta. Its not a cheap iron. Hopefully it will last and last for a long while. It's a nice iron but it always takes time to get used to something new. But now I'm back in therapy.....er....business.

This is what I was working on when the iron died. I've had this printed panel in my UFO drawer for too long. So nice to have it finally finished and it was a very fun project. A little like putting a puzzle together in some places. I had to sit up and think while I worked. I am going to hang it by my sewing machine in my sewing room.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new iron! I think you'll love it, it is worth the investment. I have that Therapy in Session panel. So funny! I have seen it actually colored in with fabric pens. It looks really great that way too! I like your version... a beauty!

Nanette Merrill said...

Well I know from personal experience quilting is my therapy. The new iron will be nice, once you get used to it.

Carrie P. said...

I think you will really like the Rowenta. Yes, it is not cheap but it nice. I have that same wall hanging. My mom made it for me. Mine is done in yellow and black fabrics around the panel.

Cathy said...

Love you little hanging...is that pieced around the panel or is that part of the panel? If its pieced you are very clever.. it looks great!! Cathy

Abby and Stephanie said...

Amazing how we can't live without our iron. Life just comes to a halt. Enjoy your Rowenta. LOVE your little quilt. Sewing and ironing fabric is great therapy.

SewAmy said...

love your "therapy in session" .

Karen said...

Love the therapy quilt!

quiltingnana said...

yes quilting is therapy...what model of Rowenta did you get? I've been looking at them. I know I need a new iron ...mine is on its 9th life.

Related Posts with Thumbnails