Oct 18, 2013

back to my beloved sewing machine!

 

Life has been utterly crazy for months now and has kept me totally sidetracked!  I haven’t been able to get anywhere near my sewing room for some time.  It’s a good thing to have lots to do but I missed my sewing room so much! 

But this week, I finally found my way back to the sewing machine. 

and Oh! it felt so good!!

It all started with making Halloween costumes for my grandkids. I sewed an Ariel costume, from The Little Mermaid; and Dorothy, Scarecrow and Lion costumes from Wizard of Oz.  It’s fun making the little ones happy.

 

CAM00157

003

Then thanks to my newest grandson I began a new quilt. Our adorable little baby just absolutely needed a quilt from his grandparents

CAM00181

And poking around in my sewing room (getting reacquainted) I came upon this quilt that was started some years ago. Along with it, was some fabric pieces I picked up along the way to finish it but then never did. The spark hit me and and now its all together and it didn’t take very long. I’m thinking I might donate this one.

All this in the past week…it was great!!

I’m crossing my fingers that life calms down now for a while…till Christmas at least.  Oh my…that’s coming up fast isn’t it? 

7 comments:

Lori said...

No need to speak of Christmas yet. Glad you found some time in your sewing room.

Janet said...

I hate being away from mine too. I'm glad you're back. The costumes sound pretty amazing - you must be a fabulous grandma :0)
The airplanes are very sweet - of course he need a quilt!!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

There are times when a woman just needs to be with her sewing machine.

Raewyn said...

Welcome back! You seem to be well and truly making up for lost time!

Béa said...

Welcome back Annette, I miss you <3

Needled Mom said...

You've come back in style with those beautiful quilts. Great work.

Gayle said...

I love my sewing machine too - funny how some people prefer doing everything by hand, huh? Perfect quilt for your new baby - costumes are fun to make and they can use them for dress up after Halloween!

Related Posts with Thumbnails