Feb 19, 2013

some things finished…and starting another….

018

Woo..hoo!  I finally finished the arcs for my Double Wedding Ring quilt.  197 of them!  Then I realized I only need 194 arcs, but, oh well, better too many than not enough.  I’ve been working on them for a few months now so I am excited to have them done.

Next comes curved piecing….yikes!!

 

031

I also finished two more sprig appliques.  Always a pleasure to work on these.

 

10161216

This month our book club chose to read Mr. Churchill’s Secretary.  I’m only a few chapters into it, but so far it’s interesting.

And with that, I’m linking up to Judy’s “Whatcha Reading Tuesday” here.

12 comments:

Lynette said...

Your arcs look so great! Love the 30s fabrics. You can do the curved piecing! Just let yourself take your time. :)

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your quilt is going to be gorgeous!

Tarnyia said...

I have always loved the wedding ring pattern... maybe one day I too will get to making one... maybe as a scrap buster? xxx

Anonymous said...

I hope you'll post next week with a review of the book!

Pokey said...

The wedding ring quilt is one of my favorites, you are going to have a real heirloom in this one, but I feel the same with your "personalized" mini houses! Good for you to have so many completions!
:-}pokey

Needled Mom said...

Love the arcs. It will make a beautiful DWR quilt.

Linda said...

Love all the fabric choices you make...so pretty!! The blocks are really coming along... wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Those sprig blocks are super cute! Makes me want to pull out some reproduction stash and a Kim Diehl book. I can't wait to see your progress on the DWR piecing. You'll do great!

Béa said...

Love the arcs, it will be a beautiful quilt, and I'm late behind you !XXX

Barb said...

197...wow....I am sure you were happy when you got that part of the quilt done.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails