Nov 28, 2012

2 back from the quilter

042

I started this quilt some time ago (I just noticed it was in 2010…oh my!) as part of Erin’s Florabunda quilt-along.  I got 7 of the 12 blocks done before setting them aside for a break.  Last summer I decided I probably wouldn’t finish the rest, so instead, made plans to use these 7 in a quilt all by themselves.

And I’m really happy with it. 

Thank you Erin for the pretty applique designs.

021

019

023

I admire my quilter, JoLynn.  She always does very nice work.

046

She quilted this one too.

052

I love the sweet little extras she added…children and letters all around the border.

Makes it really special…

049

And I was excited when I found this fabric for the back… perfect!

058  035

I’ll be spending the next few evenings binding them…

Then back to work on Christmas stuff!

Such a fun time of year!

20 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Two excellent finishes. Have fun binding!

Raewyn said...

Wow - great finishes!! Love your appliqué quilt and the children's one is gorgeous as well. Your quilter has enhanced your lovely work well :-) [Have fun with all that binding!]

Cynthia said...

Aweseome quilt and the quilting is beautiful. I have been debating about buying the applique pattern or not, but seeing it again in your setting makes me think it will be on my XMAS list. Thanks.

Terry said...

They're both beautiful! :0)

Laura G said...

These are so lovely. Thank you for sharing.

Carrie P. said...

I remember the first quilt when you started it. They are both pretty. I will binding a quilt along with you. :)

Mary said...

What great quilts. They both look so pretty.

Needled Mom said...

The colors on the first one are just gorgeous. Both quilts are so pretty with lovely quilting.

Miriam said...

Beautiful quilts, Congratulations on your finishes. I really love the Floribunda quilt. Beautiful colours.

Lynette said...

Oh! I really like what you did with the smaller set of Floribunda blocks. They're absolutely gorgeous in that setting.

Béa said...

Both are beautiful but I really love the Florabunda quilt (I started it too but still an UFO...)lovely colours.

Catarina C said...

You have done two very lovely quilts,
the applique quilt is gordious and the child quilt is so nice!

Thearica said...

The quilts are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I want that Florabunda collection now. I have it saved in my Etsy shopping cart for that moment when I'm at my weakest! :) Beautiful Fig Tree sampler at that! Great idea! Love your quilter's work on the ABC quilt too, perfect touches!

Nanette Merrill said...

They are both lovely. The quilting is glorious. What a great treat to have these back.

Rose Marie said...

Wonderful finishes!

Marie Atkinson said...

Just found your blog today via Erin's blog! Your quilt is lovely! So inspiring!

John'aLee said...

What gorgeous quilts!

MARCIE said...

Wow, that applique quilt is amazing! My kids just left today to drive back to Provo. So much fun having them here for Christmas. Hope yours was a merry one!

Ronda said...

Beautiful!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails