Jun 1, 2011

swapped my needle for a hook

044

This week I traded my needle for a hook and made a little summer purse.  The pattern for the bag is from Alice at Future Girl.  I used cotton yarn and then added a flower for fun. 

Crochet is so relaxing.

036

Then I swapped back to a needle to sew a lining inside.  We are having strange Spring weather here…so this fabric helps with feeling Spring.

And speaking of swaps…

012

My squares for Karen’s Red and White Swap are ready for the mailman. 

 

peek a boo

I notice both of my daughter’s baby pictures were playing peek-a-boo with me while taking photos of the bag.  So fun and such a day brightener!

Hope your day is bright and happy too!

daisy[7]

10 comments:

Barb said...

I so love this bag...wonderful!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Your new bag is cuter than cute! Very pretty stack of red/white.

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Love the bag! that's one of my favorite variegated yarns in the cotton...nice color combination. Pretty lining too!

I have yet to cut up my red and white fabric...still on my to-do list! I like yours and I'm looking forward to seeing the variety of blocks we get from this one!

MGM

Linda said...

That is the cutest bag...my, oh, my...you are a talent!

Vesuviusmama said...

OK, time for me to learn how to crochet so I can make some of this cuteness!

Tricia said...

What a pretty bag! I know what you mean about strange spring. It's on again, off again here.

Jenn said...

I love how the colors in the yarn blend so wonderfully with the fabric colors - perfect!!!

Thelma said...

Great job on the purse, it's just as cute as it can be, the flower is the perfect final touch.

Carrie P. said...

So pretty. I love how you lined it with such a great match of fabric too.

MARCIE said...

That is one darling bag Annette! And cute baby pics also!

Related Posts with Thumbnails