Of course I couldn’t stop at just one bag…no…Nanette’s pattern was just too much fun to put together.
I had some favorite fabric strips that were saved together and thought they’d be perfect for this, except the pattern calls for 4 inch strips and I found that mine were only 2 to 3 1/2 inches wide. Drats!
So I donned my thinking cap, jimmy-rigged the pattern a bit, did some extra piecing and came up with this.
Woohoo! I like it.
Other than the lining, I used only scraps. No two strips on either side are alike and there wasn’t even enough to make two handles of the same fabric…they are similar but not the same.
A new bag and a little lighter scrap bin. I’ve used those favorite fabrics nearly down to crumbs.