Nov 7, 2009

Just Not Enough Things to Do

I just barely finished a sampler quilt that took a few years to complete, and I’m working on countless other projects…

and yet, here is what I’m itching to start on now.

dear jane book

Another sampler quilt!

A Dear Jane quilt!

The one that so many quilters are making.  I have been inspired and tempted by them for some time.  Then Teresa began hers and suggested I would have fun with it.  That put me over the edge, and here I am, starting another project.  I have the book and I bought my background fabric today.  I imagine it will take a few years to finish.  Luckily I will have help here:

http://thatquilt.blogspot.com/

Fun craziness!

And speaking of fun…

Woohoo!  I won Marianne’s giveaway a few days ago and it came in the mail this afternoon.  She sent me the fabric and pattern for a darling Christmas pillowcase and tissues in the cutest little box.

Thanks so much Marianne.  You made my day!

daisy name

13 comments:

Béa said...

We are all the same !
Thanks for the great links for dear Jane quilt and good luck for this new challenge !

alda said...

great views on your projects but I have to close my eyes now, Dear Jane - wow, it's something I want to start working on it one day.....

Jilly's Space said...

Oh, how cute is the kleenex box with the owls on it!!!!! The more I see dresden plates, the more I think I want to attempt this. I love the colors in yours! I made a block yeeeeaaars ago in a sampler quilt class I took.
Dear Jane, wow, what a challenge. I think I may putter at this some day. I know a quilter friend who is doing this right now. I think it would be wise to start a support group for this task!! :-)

Kaaren said...

I'm feeling the same way about the Civil War Bride's quilt, Annette.

I think we should all vote for more hours in a day, don't you? There certainly aren't enough now.

quiltingnana said...

Like you I have so many projects in my mind...now if I could just multi-task or clone myself!

Rose Marie said...

Why not ..... have fun!

Teresa said...

Woo Hoo!!! I just know you are going to love this quilt... once you start it is so addictive. You love miniatures...this should keep you busy.. I've written the date I started this quilt in the front of my book...see how long it takes me to finish it! Good on you xx

Sherri said...

There are so many wonderful projects out there! I can't wait to start a Dear Jane quilt as well! Hopefully in January for me...oh, and I'm curious as to what fabrics you'll be using?

Carrie P. said...

Great projects going on in your sewing room. Congrats on your win!

Marianne said...

Oh you are too sweet! I haven't opened my box of tissues either!

Mel said...

Catching up on your activities! Lots of lovely quilts!!

Mel said...

Oh, I forgot - my Dear Jane quilt center is done, now I have to do the triangle borders. If you are interested, I have come up with some DJ advice: http://melsownplace.blogspot.com/2008/08/if-you-are-going-to-do-dear-jane-quilt.html

Nanette Merrill said...

Well I started a Dear Jane and made about 36 blocks. Then I stopped. It was killing me. Someday I'll pick it up again. I didn't have the time it takes to devote to it. You'll do well though, I'm sure. That owl kleenex is so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails