May 22, 2009

Sending Flowers


Lettie over at Polka Dot Pineapple, who always has such awesome projects, has come up with yet another one. She has a tutorial for making darling bookmarks and then she adds the idea to go hide them in books at the library with a little note to randomly cheer some reader’s day.

I love that! I made a few this morning and now I’m on my way to the library to return a book and have some fun while I’m there! I think a couple of these look like they belong in the Young Adult books for girls section, don't you?


On another note: My husband brought home a new camera the other day, since ours was slowly dying. I’m learning to use it and my sweet little T-Rex has been graciously posing for me as a model so I can practice. Isn’t he beautiful?

9 comments:

Kim Brackett said...

Very cute bookmarks! I'll pop over to Lettie's blog and check it out.

T-Rex beautiful? I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder! Okay, maybe he's a little handsome.

Tricia said...

I wouldn't say beautiful . . . Love the idea of hiding the bookmarks - someone is going to be pleasantly surprised.

Kaaren said...

What a super idea with the book marks. Must check out the tutorial.

I'm happy that T-Rex has a good home with you and your husband. I think he'd be a little lonesome here.

Rhonda S said...

Little T-Rex is soooo cute... I love the idea of hiding the bookmarks, hope you had fun with it.

Arlette said...

Annette, I love how your bookmarks turned out and especially love that you took them to the library. I'm sure your generosity brought smiles to the unsuspecting recipients of your kindness.
T-Rex is surely a magnificent creature. He has some great features and I love his spines. (He almost doesn't look real...LOL)
Aloha!

Karen said...

I love the bookmark idea...Mr. T-Rex...well, the pic is very good. I used to catch the likes of his kind when I was a kid...you wouldn't catch me doing that now, tho'.

Béa said...

Annette, I love how you make your book marks, I see the tuto yesterday & love the idea.
What is T-Rex ???????????? A real animal ?.....!!!!!!!!!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hi Annete!

I love your "Little Super Model"! Probably not too hard to work with huh?

Great I idea for the bookmark. Thanks for sharing!

BTW- I am in love with your hexagons and dresden plates!

Eileen said...

I adore T-Rex. :-D He is very handsome! I'm discovering a lot of folks don't like lizards. They are very good creatures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails