Apr 27, 2009

Relaxation Technique


Over the weekend I attended some mini classes, one of which was on reducing stress. We were all given a questionaire to fill out to determine our stress levels. One on the list was, "Add 20 points if you practice some form of relaxation technique each day." I told my friend next to me that I couldn't think of anything and she was surprised that I didn't do deep breathing or yoga or something like that. Then I thought about stitching my hexagons. I have found them so relaxing to work on, especially while listening to something (TV, music... DH). So I gave myself the 20 points.

13 comments:

rachel griffith said...

hi-5!!!
:D

Sherri said...

I love seeing these blocks...and yay for the 20 points!!!

Unknown said...

I find those relaxing too! Do I get 20 points?? By the way, I can't see your stitches at all. Some of mine you can see the stitches, but not all. Any suggestions?

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

These are so cute. I think sewing hexies should get 40 points, because you get something beautiful and you have less stress!!
~Karen~

Shari said...

your hexagons are looking great! well worth more than 20 points -

Purple and Paisley said...

lol...yes, 20 points! love your hex flowers! i've never done them...on my to-do-list!

Mel said...

I agree! Hexies are soothing!

Kaaren said...

Good for you Annette!

You go girl!

Eileen said...

Oh yes.. definitley worth 20 points. And probably adds some years to your life. :-)

quiltingnana said...

yes, quilting is a wonderful relaxation technique...got me through some stressful times...yeah for the 20 points

Days and colors said...

They look beautiful! 20 points more for the fine work!!!

Arlette said...

Love your hexies. I know how relaxing paper piecing can be. I agree with the 20 points!!
Aloha!

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

relaxing and addicting! I go through spells of time where I carry by bag of hexagons with me and I make them wherever I go. Right now I've started making machine pieced quilts with hexagons that don't require Y seams...

Related Posts with Thumbnails