Apr 7, 2009

Easter Dresses


Nanette and Eileen are having a challenge to show our childhood Easter dress pictures. It didn’t take me too long to find one of mine. And here it is. It’s old and hard to see but brings sweet memories nonetheless. This is me and my sisters and my mom all dressed up and standing in the side yard of our home. I am the oldest and tallest girl in the middle with very light blonde hair. I have loved yellow since I was very small and this dress was all yellow and was my favorite for a long time. Mom made it for me and it was a happy time.


One of my first sewing projects was taking leftover scraps of fabric from that dress and stitching a costume for a puppet I was making in school. His name was Buttons and was in the class puppet show. I wore my yellow dress to school that day so we would match.


Hope you all have a wonderful, beautiful Easter.

17 comments:

rachel griffith said...

oh how cute.
love the story.
{especially that you matched buttons. lol.}

Nanette Merrill said...

awww I love seeing the picture and loved hearing your memories of this. How sweet to see you and your mom/sisters. I think that is a cherry tree or apple you are in front of? Maybe. The dress is darling. Don't you wish you had that fabric now!

Purple and Paisley said...

awwww...what a sweet story about buttons and that you matched! made me smile...☺...little girls are so funny...

Carrie P. said...

Thanks for sharing your picture. I am trying to find one of me. I don't have too many pictures of myself when I was little. My mom has them all.

Sherri said...

What a wonderful photo... a true treasure...and love the memory too!

Tricia said...

I love that picture. Wasn't it in color? We were adorable!

Sandy said...

Thanks for sharing your picture. Wasn't this fun...I really enjoyed doing it. Memories, memories! Have a Blessed Easter.

Unknown said...

A terrific picture of the girls! I love pictures like these for the same reason you do... brings back good memories.

Rhonda said...

Such an cute picture...I am sure it brings back many wonderful memories for you...

Ulla said...

Isn't is wonderful to have home-made dresses and bits of the favourite fabrics to remember them by? Your mother had a lot of sewing to do for all you girls. I understand why you loved that dress.

Eileen said...

Oh Annette.. I loved the story of the dress and the matching puppet! Do you by chance still have it?
I;) I know I tried to save little scraps from all my dresses that I made through school.. and have quite a few bits. Treasures for sure!
You all looked so lovely in the photo. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Kaaren said...

Thanks for sharing this bit of nostalgia with us. What a super photo!

Lori Holt said...

I love your photo and your side yard is beautiful!
I also love yellow.
I also cherish the memories of sewing with mom and all of the fabric!
Thanks for sharing yours:)

Coloradolady said...

Love the story...do you still have the puppet? I wish I still has so many things that are gone now from my own childhood. Have a Happy Easter.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a cute photo. I wish I could find mine. Hopefully after Easter I can share it. :-)
Happy Easter to you and your family.

Karen said...

What a great picture and the memories it brings back are priceless;) Happy Easter

Loretta said...

What a sweet story, Annette! Happy Easter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails