Sep 20, 2008

Who could ask for more?


I have to be the luckiest mom ever. Two wonderful daughters to make me feel special on my birthday.

It started off with the doorbell ringing yesterday morning and finding no one there but a pretty package on the doorstep. Inside the package I found sweet treats and some fabric. Half an hour later the doorbell rang again and there was another package, again filled with treats and fabric and even music. This went on most of the day until I had gathered eleven packages from my doorstep. Never did catch the delivery person (who had to be a mighty fast runner because I hurried to the door). I finally figured out that the gifts were from my youngest daughter, Kari. I posted pictures of the packages and fabrics (41 different fabrics in all - a stitcher's dream gift).

Then this morning I checked in on my oldest daughter, Sara's, blog ,which is always so fun to read, and was surprised to discover that she had wished me a happy birthday there. She let me and all the world know that she loves me. Wow! I was very very touched. I feel so blessed to have such wonderful good daughters. This is truly a special birthday for me and it's just the beginning of a good day. Thank you girls so very much! I love you too.

10 comments:

Sweet P said...

Happy birthday! What a wonderful way to spend your day! I shared your entry with DH and he asked me if 41 pieces fabric meant one for each year of your life. Silly man! Enjoy the fabric and goodies!

Karen said...

I am glad you had a very Happy Birthday. Enjoy sewing each of the 41 pieces of fabric.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Such a wonderful gift and such a wonderful Daughter. She has very good taste! I just love the colors!

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday Annette!! What a lovely day you had....what special daughters!! CAthyx

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Happy Birthday! I can't wait to see what you will make out of the fabric! Your daughter has good taste in fabric!

Enjoy your day!

Carrie P. said...

Happy Birthday! What a special birthday you had. How nice of Kari to give you all those little surprises.

Karen said...

Wishing you a happy, health year!

May Kristin said...

A belated happy birthday! What a beautiful and thoughtful gift! And what a fun day you must have had!

Nanette Merrill said...

What a cute thing to do! Leave those packages. So ingenious. And your other daughter's post- so sweet. You are blessed. Thats a mighty fine stash that was delivered.

Cheryl said...

How special! I'll have to make sure my daughters read this. :-)
Your story gave me happy tears!
cheryl xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails