Sep 26, 2008

First try at Dresden Blocks

I didn't need a new project. I did need a cover for a small table. It was either paint the table or cover it and I decided this was more fun. I also need to clean out my overflowing scrap bins. This project helped a lot with that. I used 330 different fabrics in this little quilt top. It all started out as just an idea one evening. Then I started fussing with my scraps to see if it would work and by the next evening it was all pieced together. Pretty quick.

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

so colorful! wow. and what a great idea to rip through your stash. i hope you get lots of use from it. but, it's way too nice to keep on the table to gets spilled on!

Unknown said...

I love it! Bright and colorful, great use of your stash!

ferne said...

I love your use of colors! The background really makes them pop too. I've been wanting to try a dresden plate pattern too. My Grandmother used it a lot so it reminds me of her. Now she was a great quilter. She did a lot of hers completely by hand, wish I had the time to even try.

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I can't believe you finished that top so quickly. Dresden plate quilt...another one added to my list! x

Carrie P. said...

The quilt is fantastic. Great way to use your stash and cover a table.

quilterpolly said...

great job on your Dresden blocks. It is amazing table topper:)

Karen said...

Beautiful!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

First try...my goodness, that is just amazing, you have done an excellent job...

Rose Marie said...

Wow .... that was quick. It took me almost a year to assemble my plates. Love what you've done with your plates.

Hanne said...

Lovely Dresden plates :-)

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

How beautiful! Love the bright colors. Look at the dresden quilt I got last week. My aunt had made it for her best friend.
Happy sewing!
Osagebluffquilter

Betsy said...

Your Dresdens are outstanding.

Related Posts with Thumbnails