Aug 20, 2008

Trying out Crazy Quilting

I am doing a Crazy Quilt Round Robin with four other ladies. I've never done crazy quilting before so this is something new for me. I am enjoying it so far. Here is the block I sent out. It is somewhere around the U. S. right now...between Georgia and Washington. I'll have it back in October after its been to Denmark. It will be exciting to see what everyone came up with for it.
A few of these talented ladies are doing beautiful ribbon embroideries on the blocks. I love looking at what they've done and I admire their work so much. Someday I will learn to do that but for now my additions to the blocks are simple stitcheries. This is my stitchery on Janet's block.

5 comments:

Little Lady Patchwork said...

My first quilt was a crazy quilt! The pattern was very forgiving! Not my favorite, but it was my first creation.

I know that you will love the quilt once you get it back! Your personal touches were too cute!

Tacha said...

Love the stitching. I have always been intrigued by crazy quilting but have never sone it myself. I look forward to seeing how the blocks develop.

Karen said...

Sounds like fun. The stitchery looks great. Crazy quilting is on my "to do" list.

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nanette Merrill said...

Well its just darling. I've always admired these types of quilts but never had the guts to try it. Yours is so cute.

Related Posts with Thumbnails