Jan 8, 2010

Oh My Word!

Much of the blog talk these days is about New Year’s resolutions.  I gave that up a long time ago…instead I have a Word of the Year that I keep in the back of my mind and use to inspire myself.  I started in ‘07 with “seed” which worked out pretty well.  So then came “laugh” (appropriate, as it turned out, for a year with cancer) and last year was “heart”.  These words have had deep meaning to me.  Now my word is “reaching”. I found it in the Bible and when I read it, it just seem to apply.  It goes with so many things coming up in my life.

And speaking of reaching, last year I participated in Kris and May Britt’s One Project a Month Challenge.  It was great!!  I finished 27 sewing projects and 15 of those were quilts!  The OPAM Challenge surely helped me with that and kept motivating me along.  So a big THANK YOU is in order to Kris and May Britt for their awesome idea and so much hard work.

OPAM_satin

Kris and Peg are hosting it this year and I hurried to sign up again.  That means I better get busy so I’ll have a finish for this month.

Here’s to another great year!

daisy name

9 comments:

Teresa said...

I've joined up too Annette. Nothing like a bit of motivation and inspiration to get you moving. Love your word for this year.

Thearica said...

27!!! WOW!!

I signed on this year and I hope I am as motivated as you were!!

Unknown said...

Great idea to have a word that can inspire you throughout the year! Amazing that you finished 27 projects, but what is more amazing is that 15 of them were quilts!

Chookyblue...... said...

goodluck with OPAM challenge.........you got lots done last year..........

Mrs Quilty said...

I'm already in 4 clubs so didn't sign up for the OPAM challenge but it sounds like fun>! Certainly inspiring, 27 projects! WOW! Happy New Year!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

You got quite a bit done last year! I didn't sign up for the OPAM this year because right now I have too many "pans" cooking in the kitchen. I will enjoy seeing your creations though.

Keep reaching in 2010!

Rosa said...

Nothing like a bit of motivation to make you sew and finish projects.

Sherri said...

I really must think of a word for this year!

corry said...

I need motivation so I signed in too! Hope it will work to finish of some projects!

Related Posts with Thumbnails